Thursday, June 18, 2015

I've Never Seen Anything Like This Before...

Tonight at the College World Series game between TCU and LSU (Game 10 of the 2015 College World Series), I think Jon and I witnessed something new. Take a look here:

There was a particularly active group of fans in the right field General Admission section -- they led the wave, the slo-mo wave, a fast wave, and a reverse wave -- and yes, I know many of you don't care for the wave, but it was cool to see 26,803 fans (most of them, anyway) participating.

Anyway, at one point, that group of fans started doing something I have never seen before, and it quickly spread throughout the stadium. They took their cell phones and used the flashlight on the camera, turning it on and off quickly, so it looked like blinking lights.

After it had gone on for about 5 minutes, the public address announcer told us all to knock it off ... but before he played the role of party pooper, it was a beautiful sight to see. Which gave me this idea, which I tweeted:
Can you imagine how that would look when the lights are down for player introductions at Baxter Arena? I think it would look awesome.

1 comment: